Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit:
Turmeric is an incredibly healthy spice that is used in recipes around the world. Known for its distinct taste, turmeric provides numerous health benefits for individuals when consumed consistently. When mixed with honey, this paste helps boost immunity while promoting our overall health through their combined effects. In fact, when mixed together, it may actually increase honey’s bioavailability. Generally, when combining these two ingredients, try to use both organic turmeric and raw organic honey if you can. Lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits of consuming honey mixed with turmeric.
1. First, honey and turmeric provides a wide range of important vitamins, minerals and nutrients in only a small dosage. Turmeric is a great source of manganese, iron, vitamin B6, copper and fibre. Raw honey is also rich in vitamins and minerals, These include calcium, magnesium, thiamin riboflavin and potassium.
2. The combination of honey and turmeric also has tremendous antibacterial and anti-fungus properties. The mixture can be applied topically to combat unwanted fungus found on the body, such as toe and foot fungus. It has also been shown to help fight Candida. As well, you can also consume honey and turmeric to help combat different types of bacteria and is a known natural yet potent antibiotic.
3. This mixture is also great for the overall health and look of our skin. The combination of these two wonderful ingredients provides many anti-aging, antibacterial and antimicrobial compounds which all work together to improve the skin’s quality. Both products are found in many cosmetic products sold today. Again, when combined together, this mixture can be applied topically as a potent face mask to improve the skin. It can work to treat acne, brighten the skin and make it look more radiant and reduce the signs of wrinkles. It may even be able to treat burns.
4. Raw honey mixed with turmeric can also work to naturally treat coughs and other respiratory issues as some studies have shown. As well, Turmeric’s amazing antiviral and antibacterial properties can help to treat common cold and flu symptoms. As a natural decongestant, honey and turmeric can also help to alleviate symptoms of nasal congestion and improve conditions effecting the upper respiratory tract.
5. The combination also has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and is a rich source of antioxidants. Honey contains floral flavonoids, which have been shown to boost the body’s antioxidant levels. Turmeric also contains curcumin, which provides excellent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. This can help reduce inflammation throughout the entire body and may also improve blood pressure and decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease. As well, honey and turmeric can help to get rid of free radicals in the body which may cause oxidative stress and boost our immunity.
6. Lastly, honey mixed with turmeric may also be able to help improve cognitive function. As a potent anti-inflammatory, this mixture can help support overall brain health. Inflammation is thought to be one of the causes of certain types of neurodegenerative disorders, among other causes. The potent anti-inflammatory properties in both honey and turmeric can help to counter certain inflammatory responses causes by stress and our environment. As well, the curcumin found in turmeric has been shown to stimulate the production of DHA and ALA. These are omega-3 fatty acids which can help support nervous system function in the brain
You don’t have to consume large amounts of honey and turmeric for this mixture to be effective, especially if yo are consuming it consistently. One common recipe combines 3.5 ounces of raw honey and a tablespoon of turmeric powder. You can even half this recipe when beginning to consume this mixture. Simply mix the two ingredients together and consume. Consult with your medical practitioner before consuming to make sure this mixture is right for you.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.